Saturday 8 November 2014

Adornments

I've recently been looking at adornments and how to modernise them.

I've chosen to go for this design with my final design. When I look at this design it reminds me of the hair designs from rock n rose , a hair accessories and jewellery company. Www.rocknrose.co.uk 

I started to look at their instagram to get a few ideas. And came across these pictures. 

http://rocknroseuk.blogspot.co.uk/

I noticed a lot of there hair designs could be considered new Elizabethan and noticed flowers were used for adornments.

So i decided to use roses for my adornments. Next I began to think about current fashions. 

Recently I noticed metallics are very in. You can refer metallics to new Elizabethan as it could represent riches.


Image sources-shown in top left of pictures 

I feel that metallic silver is more of a statement. From these ideas I have decided to create small roses to sit inside the front of the hair. 

Next i looked on pinterest to see if there was a tutorial on how to make fabric roses.

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/118782508893860646/

My next thing to do would be to go to fabric store to find the correct material.



No comments:

Post a Comment