Wednesday 3 December 2014

The tudors tv series - Hair

When Browsing the internet i came across a TV series called the Tudors. I only got as far as looking at the advertisement but what i saw slightly disturbed me. The hair in this TV series was very inaccurate.


http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/30500000/The-Tudors-women-of-the-tudors-30596966-1280-1024.jpg

using this one image as an example, When i look at this picture (hair wise) I feel like it screams modern. The Woman in this picture are sporting wanded hair, correct me if i'm wrong but i'm 100% sure curling wands did not exist in the 15th century. I understand that Elizabethan women wore their hair down and loose to show virginity and innocence but i imagine them to be the most natural curls which is not displayed in this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment